The ITW Shakeproof BosScrew™ is the only screw engineered to not loosen in plastic applications. Its unique thread form, designed with the patented WERCS® technology, works directly with the creeping aspect of plastic to interlock with the boss. The BosScrew™ utilizes standard head diameters and has the highest drive-to-strip ratio in the industry. This is the maximum performance fastener for most plastic applications. Time, temperature, and vibration only strengthen the joint.
- Best-in-class removal torque
- Dramatically advances fastening performance
- Increases manufacturing efficiency
- Reduces overall installed cost
The BosScrew™ Benefit:
- Reduces assembly components – no more inserts
- Permits the design of shorter bosses – saves material
- No spring components needed in the joint
- Savings in service issues due to fasteners
- Available in a variety of sizes and head styles
- SEMS – add a washer under the head to span larger holes, protect fragile surfaces, and distribute load.
- ITW’s new WERCS® Technology is revolutionizing the design and manufacturing of threaded products. This technology allows the formation of unique geometries on the thread. Utilizing the WERCS® Technology, ITW has developed a suite or platform of innovative threaded products — products designed to dramatically advance fastening performance, increase manufacturing efficiency and reduce overall installed cost.
MAXIMIZED DRIVE-STRIP WINDOW
BosScrew is the maximum performance fastener for most plastic applications. The unique thread geometry prevents slipping for the largest drive-strip in the industry.
|Typical Mean Pilot Hole|
|Screw Size||Inches (in.)||Millimeters (mm)|
* Approved recommendations with Acetal Nylon ABS and PBT or equivilant materials