The Taptite is a tri-lobular thread forming screw. The mating threads are work-hardened as they are formed. Because of the tri-lobular shape, material pushes back around the screw due to elastic recovery. This helps the screw to resist loosening due to vibration.
- Reduces the amount of chips during thread forming
- Provides a strong joint with perfectly mating threads
- Eliminates the need for separate tapping processes
- GER-NIB® – for particularly torque sensitive applications
- SEMS – add a washer under the head to span larger holes, protect fragile surfaces, and distribute load.