CYCLONE™ TAPPING SCREWS
The Cyclone™ screw’s serrated helical shoulder actually bites into sheet. metal, enabling the screw to absorb higher tightening torque, which adds to increased backout resistance. A dramatically increased safe operating range (the difference between the maximum drive torque required and the minimum strip torque) makes the Cyclone™ screw “user friendly.” Stripping problems, with their resultant scrap loss and rework, are dramatically reduced. This exceptional drive/strip torque ratio makes the Cyclone™ screw ideal for automated assembly and permits the use of thinner sheet metal in many applications.
GER-NIB FEATURE: For particularly torque-sensitive applications. Shakeproof’s torque-robbing Ger-Nib™ feature can be incorporated in the Cyclone™ screw head to increase strip out torque.
In order to absorb a higher tightening torque, the Cyclone™ screw is equipped with a serrated helical shoulder that actually bites into sheet metal. This gives the screw a very high safe operating range which reduces scrap, re-work, and lost time. It also improves the drive to strip ratio, which allows for a thinner sheet metal to be used.
- Reduce scrap and re-work
- Use a higher tightening torque for increased back-out resistance
- Thinner sheet metal can be designed; lighter weight
- Re-usable with repeatability
- Ease of assembly with minimum operator sensitivity
- GER-NIB™ – for particularly torque sensitive applications
- SEMS – add a washer under the head to span larger holes, protect fragile surfaces, and distribute load.