CYCLONE™ TAPPING SCREWS
GER-NIB FEATURE: For particularly torque-sensitive applications. Shakeproof’s torque-robbing Ger-Nib™ feature can be incorporated in the Cyclone™ screw head to increase strip out torque.
In order to absorb a higher level of tightening torque, the Cyclone™ screw is equipped with a serrated helical shoulder that actually bites into sheet metal. This provides these sheet metal cyclone screws with a very high safe operating range which reduces scrap, re-work, and lost time. It also improves the drive to strip ratio, allowing sheet metal of smaller thickness to be used.
- Reduce scrap and re-work
- Use a higher tightening torque for increased back-out resistance
- Thinner sheet metal can be designed; lighter weight
- Re-usable with repeatability
- Ease of assembly with minimum operator sensitivity
- SEMS – the addition of a washer under the screw head enables spanning of larger holes, distributes loads, and protects delicate surfaces.
- GER-NIB™ – beneficial for torque sensitive applications.
Cyclone tapping screws for thin gauge metal are easy-to-use, efficient, and strong.